Thursday, February 19, 2015

Red Rice from a Rice Cooker



I think I have mentioned before how much Eric likes Spanish Rice (or Red Rice) - and now I have a fast, simple way to make it!  I was looking for lunch ideas when I ran across a recipe for Spanish Rice made in a rice cooker from here (via Pinterest of course).  I just bought a rice cooker, so I was excited to try it out...I would have to say it turned out pretty good!  It was slightly bland because I used regular diced tomatoes instead of Rotel tomatoes (and there's no butter), so I plan to add more seasonings in the future - but it is a great base recipe to start from.

1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 15oz can of diced tomatoes
Season to taste (garlic, pepper, salt, cumin...whatever you like)

Optional:  I also added cooked chicken in larger chunks (they shred down when you stir it)

Just put everything in your rice cooker and mix it together.  I set mine to Quick Rice and it is ready in about 30 minutes.

It's so easy, and since it has chicken in it I use it as a quick dinner and lunches for Eric.

Have a great day!
Beth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...