Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Apple Dumplings



This was the craziest recipe I ever made! You pour 7 up between the dumplings before putting into the oven. It's so good. I just need to remember to peel the apples next time. The skin on the apples wasn't too hard or chewy. I just think it would taste even better with out the skin. The apples nearly dissolved, it was amazing.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Get out your 9 by 13 baking dish.

Recipe

2 tubes of refrigerated crescent dough 8 count each
2 granny smith apples
2 sticks or 1 cup butter
1 & 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 heaping teaspoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 & 1/2 cups 7 up or your favorite lemon lime soda

In a small pot melt butter with sugar, add vanilla and cinnamon. When the mixture thickens remove from heat.

Peel and core apples, then slice into eights. I used a corer and slicer tool, that's why I spaced on the peeling. Mine actually slices 10 wedges so we just ate the left overs. I liked the smaller wedges.

I don't know about you but I freak out when I have to open the dough tubes, especailly the crescents. Seperate the rolls. One by one starting at the tip roll the apple wedge into the roll and seal any over hang. Put each one into the pan.

Pour butter mixture over the top. Then carefully pour the 7 up around the edges and in between the dumplings trying not to pour over them.

Bake for 35-40 minutes. Let cool slightly.

Enjoy with ice cream or whip cream or by itself is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...