Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Banana chocolate chunk muffin



This is the best muffin I've ever made. Not just the recipe but I finally didn't over mix. They came out tender. Today is successful!

I searched for a specific recipe. Didn't find it. I even ended up making mine own and doing something different all together. I wanted to find a banana chocolate coffee muffin. I'm glad I didn't I would probably have to eat them all myself.

You can use chocolate chips instead of chunks if you don't have them. The point is to get chocolate in there!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or grease the wells.

Recipe

3 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup of melted and cooled unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chunks

In a large bowl mash bananas with eggs. Add vanilla and slowly stir in butter. Next add the sugar and mix until it looks shiny. In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add to the banana mixture, mix by hand folding the dry in the wet. Just before it starts to come together add the chocolate chunks just a few times. Using a large scoop, fill your muffin pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cook a little in the pan before moving them to the cooling rack. Go ahead and add a little butter before digging in.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...