Friday, February 13, 2015

Love pies



I wanted to find something to make for my son's therapist for Valentine's Day. I love chocolate that's my go to but there's something about pies that says love in my opinion. I saw this recipe on Pinterest, the link is gone so I'm making up my own. You can put in any fruit you want I happen to have beautiful blueberries that I froze from last season.

What's great about this recipe is you can quickly make these. I happen to have ready made pie crust. There's also cream cheese in these so they become blueberries and cream hand pies. I can't wait to try them.

Recipe, makes six pies

1 box of ready made pie crust or 2 crust pie recipe
1 4 oz cream cheese room temperture
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1 cups of frozen blueberries not thawed or fresh
1 egg beaten

Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with foil and spray with oil or rub with butter.

In a small bowl mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla, set aside. Roll out 1 pie crust.

I have a heart hand pie shaper. So I first cut out my hearts, you can do this also with a cookie cutter, biscuit cutter or even a cup to make shapes. Brush the edge of one cut out shape with the beaten egg. Add a spoonful of cream cheese mixture, sprinkle blueberries on top. Make sure the filling is in the middle and not on the edge. Brush the edge of another cut out shape and place egg side down on top of the other. Seal with your fingers or a fork, I pressed my lid down and it marked it just like a fork. Place on baking sheet. With a knife make an X or what ever you feel like, this lets the steam out. Finish the rest by first rolling out the other crust and then brush the tops with the egg wash. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Let cool for about 15 minutes before eating. I have learned the longer you let them rest the better they taste.

I hope you enjoy this as we did. Happy Valentine's Day from The Three Peas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...