Thursday, February 26, 2015

New Gates are Installed!



First I have to apologize for the blurry picture, messy carpet and funny lighting (and the weird paint job - we are planning to add floor molding eventually) - I had to take it as I was running out the door this morning...at least I'll have plenty of time to get better pictures starting next week!!

Now onto my actual post - the gates!  Our dog recently injured her back for the second time, and these gates came up as part of our brainstorming to figure out ways to prevent this from happening again.  Winda LOVES to jump - and one of her favorite things to do is to run full speed down the stairs and jump from the second or third step.  She does this when she is excited or just for fun, but also when she hears someone at the door.  That is actually how she injured herself the first time - so we definitely wanted to limit her ability to do this.  After living with regular gates for a few days I was determined to find a better solution - climbing over or moving them every time I needed to go upstairs was a pain!  (For the next 4 weeks Winda is not allowed to go up or down the stairs because of her injury - so we have a gate at the top of the stairs as well)  I did a little research and found these - North States Industries Supergate Easy Swing and Lock Metal Gate in Matte Bronze.  Knowing that we would eventually need gates for kiddo's - we decided something semi-permenant was the way to go.  They are pretty easy to open and close, and I think they look pretty good for a gate lol.  So now we have gates and hopefully we can stop any future injuries - for dogs and kids :)

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...