Wednesday, December 31, 2014

End of the Year - How did I do?

Winda says: Bye 2014 - Can we go play now?
Wow - I can't believe it's the last day of 2014!!  Of course this means I have to decide how successful I was at my 2014 New Year's Resolutions...yikes! 

Here is a recap of what they were:
My 2014 Resolutions:

1. Start Blogging! - It's been far too long that we have been talking about doing this blog - we are doing it!

2. Get in Shape! - This is the year. I have to start working out and eating better. I am not expecting miracles, I would just really like to lose some weight and create a better eating habit.

3. Finish Projects! - We have so many things going on all the time, but this year we agreed we would finish all of our outstanding projects before starting any new ones.

I think I can say we were pretty successful with the first resolution - we have 243 posts published (well, 245 after tomorrows post lol) and over 8,500 pageviews in 2014!!  That seems pretty amazing to me - who knew we could follow through so well!  We are looking forward to adding new resolutions to this beginning, but we will cover those tomorrow.

The second resolution is a little harder for me to decide if I was successful or not.  I did (finally) find a workout that works for me (after trying a few different types/combos) and while I have managed to workout more often than not this year (I managed to workout unless I was sick, hurting too much or on vacation) - I still feel let down.  I have not lost a single pound - at all!  I did lose some inches, and the fatty areas seem to be moving around and thinning, but still - that stupid scale is my enemy!!  I get the whole fat to muscles, muscles weigh more blah blah blah...but I want the scale to say I weigh less!!  (Yes - I am pretty much a toddler throwing a fit about it.)  Lots of people have told me I am looking slimmer so at least that is a plus :)  I have been a little less successful finding a better eating habit - that's something I am working on for next year.

The final resolution is mostly a success.  We haven't started any more large projects this year - but we also didn't finish as much as I was hoping to.  We did have one project that we had to do - replacing our hot water heater - but it was finished in one weekend.  We have finished Eric's office and are continuing to work on the kitchen.  The kitchen is such a large project, but I am hopeful we are making good progress on it.  I just recently realised I never did an actual post on the finished office so I will see what I can do about getting some pictures together for that.  I thought the hot water would be neat too - but Eric says he can't see why it would interest anyone else.  We did some kind of cool upgrades so I may still convince him to share :)

So there you go, I feel like I did a pretty good job with my resolutions this year.  I definitely did better than I ever have before!  Comment and share your success or failure with your resolutions - we would love to hear them!

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...