Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Carrot Muffins

I finally made the recipe I talked about last week. I hope it works out. I'm not sure I will use Greek yogurt again. It was so thick, maybe I will put some honey in next time.

Recipe:

1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda*
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
4 Tablepoons melted butter, cooled.
1 large egg
2 cups of shredded carrots

Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a cup cake pan.

In a large bowl add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon, whisk to combine and make a well in the bottom. In a small bowl combine yogurt, butter and egg. Pour into well of flour mixture. Mix until just combined add carrots. Again mix until combined then scoop batter into cupcake wells. Bake for 30 minutes.



It did not work out! Plus they didn't brown, I'm thinking Baker's error! *I first forgot to add baking soda. Then I didn't see that the recipe called for banana which would have given it more body with the Greek yogurt. I added more yogurt but I'm thinking my honey idea will work. When I was mixing the batter it was like sand. So I added more yogurt and that resulted in over mixing which is a no-no in muffin batter. I hope that you have better luck than I did. Here's the Pin I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...