Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Chicken & Wild Rice Soup



Best soup ever!! I really like soup, I could eat it everyday! This morning I almost had some for breakfast! I ended up making eggs. Come lunch time I will have a bowl of soup. I Pinned it awhile ago, it kept popping in my head. Especially since the colder weather! Prep wasn't too bad either. I did do some short cuts and some upgrades.

Recipe

1 onion diced
2 medium Carrots diced
2 celery diced
2 tablespoons butter
1 clove garlic minced
Fresh thyme, a few stalks put in cheese cloth and tied or remove from stalks and thrown right in!
4 1/2 cups of chicken broth (I use better than bouillon)
1 pound chicken breast cut into cubes about 1 inch
1 box quick cook wild rice mix with seasonings
6 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream

Prepare you rice mix as instructed. I went even easier and made mine in the microwave, I have a pretty good microwave cooker. It took about 8 minutes to finish.

In a large pot melt 2 tablespoons butter at medium heat. Add onion, carrots and celery cook for about 4 minutes. Add garlic and let cook for about 30 seconds add broth. Turn up the heat to med-high bring broth mixture to a small boil then cover and reduce back down to medium. Let cook for about 8-10 minutes until chicken is cooked. While that is cooking in a small pot melt 6 tablespoons butter over medium heat, add flour and contiue to whisk about a minute. Slowly add milk to the flour mixture continue whisking for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Add both rice and milk mixture to the soup. Last add heavy cream and serve with garlic French bread!



My husband doesn't usually like soup so when I find one he does I get really excited! Now this will not replace his favorites but I can definitely throw this in now and then! I hope enjoy this recipe let us know if you make it!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...