Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Chicken Parmesan



I'm So glad I tried this recipe. The family loved it. So it's going in my dinner rotation.  I don't have too many of those. My husband likes a handful of recipes so when I find something that works I get excited. This recipe is pretty quick. You can even prepare it the day before or the morning of. While it baked it gave me time to cook pasta and steam broccoli.

There's something to be said about simple recipes. That's probably why it taste so good. I used jarred pasta sauce, I would like to make my own next time.

Ingredients:

4 thin chicken breast
Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk
oil for frying pan
1 jar tomato sauce
Shredded cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan are standard but I used a Swiss blend.

Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Set aside a 9 by 13 baking dish.

You will need two bowls or plates which ever you prefer. In one bowl pour the bread crumbs in the other break the egg and pour in the milk and mix it around. I like really thin so I laid out the chicken breast and put a piece of plastic wrap over them. Then I got a tenderizer and flattened them more. Now that everything is prepped, heat oil in a large pan. Back to the chicken, first put the chicken in the egg mixture then in the bread crumbs and last into the pan. I have a huge family pan I was able to cook three if you have a standard I would do two at a time. When all the chicken is browned on both sides then add them in the baking pan. Pour the tomato pasta sauce over the chicken spinkle cheese on top! Bake for 40 minutes, next time I'm going to check on it about 30 minutes. You want the cheese melted and the sauce bubbly. I served it with pasta and broccoli which I made while the chicken was baking.

I hope you enjoy this as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...