Monday, December 1, 2014

Croissant Breakfast Pudding



I bought some mini croissants so that I can make a breakfast casserole. Awhile ago I would make this wonderful sweet breakfast casserole it was so perfect. Of course I can't find the recipe and everyone I made it for doesn't have it either. I'm still searching for it! This one is pretty good in the mean time.

I didn't let it sit in the refrigerator like the recipe instructed and I think I prefer it this way. I know traditional bread puddings come out like one congealed piece hence the pudding name. I like having the bread be defined in each bite.

Pretty simple instructions and my favorite part is that it has a crumb topping!

Instructions
6 small or 3 large croissants
3/4 cup half and half
3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
3 eggs
Pinch of salt
3 Tablespoon of butter cold and cubed
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (you can add more or less to your liking)
3 Tablespoon flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Grease a small baking pan with butter. Tear up croissant into small pieces in the pan. In a small bowl whisk half and half, yogurt, sugar, vanilla, eggs and salt. Pour over croissants and push down the floating pieces to help soak them in. In a small bowl mix sugar, cinnamon and flour, add cubed butter and work it in with your fingers into smallish crumbs. Bake for 30-40 minutes. I checked mine at 30 and added 6 minutes, I like my topping to be a bit crunchy!



Serve with fresh fruit if you like!

I hope you enjoy this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...