Monday, December 15, 2014

Veggie Macaroni and Cheese



Here's a quick stove top macaroni and cheese. I added peas and carrots too! I don't normally use recipes from Alton Brown. They always seem complicated. Now I can't say that any more. I found this Pin and decided to give it a try.

Recipe:

8 oz elbow macaroni
1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots
6 oz evoprated milk
Siracha sauce to your liking
3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Pinch of salt
Pepper to your liking
10 oz cheddar cheese shredded

Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add macaroni cook as directed. My peas and carrots took 5 min so I added those in with the pasta and added a minute to the timer so that in can get back up to a boil. Mix milk, seasonings and hot sauce together set aside. Drain pasta and veggies. Turn heat down to low pour milk mixture and in little bunches add the cheese and stir until melted. Serve and enjoy!

I noticed I didn't add butter (I know I'm as shocked as you are) after draining but it worked with out it. If you want you can add 4 tablespoons of butter after you drain (per original recipe) the pasta and veggies.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...