Wednesday, January 22, 2014

You say potato and I say no potato...

My husband and I decided to stop eating potatoes a few days ago. My favorite foods are peppermint mocha, potatoes then cheese. It's been hard but really good for us. I even made my son hashbrowns with his breakfast the other morning and what he didn't eat I threw away. Go me!

My go-to side for dinner is mashed potatoes. I made a meatloaf the other night and I planned on broccoli and salad. Totally forgot the salad at the store and the broccoli turned out to be bad so we just had corn. Not the best option but an old favorite. Note to self - stock more veggies for what ifs..

I'm really looking forward to all the neat sides I will be trying out. I also want to try mashed cauliflower as a replacement to potatoes. I was just thinking of carrot fries, they might be too soft when cooked though. I have heard of parsnips and of course sweet potato fries, check back for updates.

I do plan on eating potatoes in the future, just not anytime soon and when I do it will be every once in a while.

Let us know what foods you have given up for the sake of health?

2 comments:

  1. I love parsnip fries! I like to julienne them, toss with olive oil and minced garlic, and roast them. Then I eat them with my hands and dip them in ketchup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that! I can never figure out how to cook parsnip, but this sounds good :) Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...