Thursday, August 27, 2015

Wacky Cake


One day I was browsing my Facebook and I ran across a picture of the yummiest looking chocolate cake!  I serious thought about that cake for 2 days before I finally got off my butt and made it (well, actually I did very little - I had a kitchen helper lol).  What made the cake more interesting was that it was called Wacky Cake, because it has no eggs, butter or milk in it - and yet it looked sooo good!  Well, I would definitely say it was well worth making!  The cake went together in 10 minutes and only used one pan and a fork (and the measuring stuff but those don't count ;) ) ...and it was moist and tasty!!  The frosting took more time and was good but very rich - unfortunately I didn't save the recipe so if I run across it I will definitely post about it.

1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tbsp cocoa (unsweetened)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
5 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup water

Preheat the oven to 350°.  Prepare an 8x8 pan by wiping with a small amount of oil.  Combine the dry ingredients in the same pan.  Make 3 holes and place the vinegar, vanilla and oil in seperate holes.  Cover the whole thing with the water and mix completely.  Bake until knife is clean when tested, about 25 minutes.

Easy, right?!  I will definitely be making this when I have a craving for a fast easy cake!  I got the recipe from here.

Have a great day!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...