Thursday, August 20, 2015

Blueberry Sweet Muffins


My kitchen is still filled with things from the pantry, but I decided I really wanted to make blueberry muffins anyway!  I used the recipe for our Cookbook of the Month: Southern Living Comfort Food.  I liked it, but I didn't love it.  It was really easy and I would totally make it again though.   I ended up not having blueberries (oops, they sat too long), so I stole the can of blueberries out of the boxed mix I had shooting around lol.  I definitely think the fresh ones would have made them better!  

1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries
Extra sugar

Preheat your oven to 400° and add muffin cups to your muffin tin (or grease it, but that's so much more work lol).  Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.  Mix the milk, oil and egg together and add to the dry ingredients.  Fold in the blueberries.  Fill muffin tins up 2/3 and sprinkle the tops with sugar.   Bake for 20-25 min until golden brown.  Remove from pan to cool.

Enjoy!
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...