Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Let's Start With the Best Thing Ever


It took me a while to figure out what my first post should be about...there are just so many things I want to write about!!

However,  I'm pretty sure everyone is most excited to hear about Micah 😊 I mean,  who wouldn't want to hear all about the most adorable baby ever...oh wait, that's probably just me 😂 but he is seriously cute!

I have so many pictures with this expression Lol

Micah is already 6 mo + 3 weeks!!  That seems like it flew by 😓.  He was born at 6:50pm on Saturday, March 26th (the day before Easter), after 21-ish hours of labor.  I'll probably do a post about that separately, mostly because if a new mom-to-be is searching for stories about labor I want her to be able to find it 😉.  I read so many and I still had a completely different labor than any I read about.  So anyways, long labor with lots of support from everyone waiting FOREVER!  Things didn't go as planned,  but it was still a positive experience with an awesome ending.  Micah was 8lbs 2ounces and 20" long, and he had an epic amount of hair!!

The first few weeks were tough with a huge learning curve,  the last few months were a lot of work but a lot of fun too!  Seeing Micah grow and learn every day is so neat, and figuring out what works and what doesn't for our family.  Instead of rambling on forever (because I easily could), I made a list of things to share...

10 Things About Micah at 6 Months:

1) He weighed 17.5 lbs and was 27" at his 6 mo check up - and he has definitely grown since then.

Micah and Zoe (She's almost 5 and on the petite side)

2) He is already wearing some 12mo clothes!  Partially because he wears cloth diapers, but also some of his 6 mo clothes are just too tight already.

These are supposed to be 12mo pajamas 😅

3) He loves books.  He likes to look at them, chew on them, pet them and have them read to him.  He will play with them on his own,  especially ones that have pictures of real things.  His favorite book is Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type and it has been since I started reading to him around 8 weeks.

This was taken when he was 3 1/2mo's 😍

4) He is a mover.  He has needed to be in motion from the first week, but his favorite thing was to rock (I'm pretty sure crawling is now his favorite).  I have put a lot of miles on my rocking chair, thankfully it is pretty comfortable!  He even moves in his sleep - he waves his arm around when he is sleeping.

Just chillin'

5) He is always working towards learning the next thing.  For example, the same day he officially crawled for the first time (hands and knees, not scooting) - he immediately started trying to walk on his hands and feet.  This kid doesn't take a break 😅 I get exhausted just watching him work so hard at everything! Lol

He loves this dump truck,  and recently figured out how to push and pull it. 

6) He officially started crawling on his 1/2 birthday!!! 😂 He hasn't stopped since!  I'm equally proud and terrified...

Good thing I cleaned back there!

7) His favorite foods so far are zucchini and yogurt.  He has tried bananas, applesauce, sweet potatoes, egg yolks, carrots, toast with butter and organic teething cookies - and he likes all of it.  We do a modified version of Baby Led Weaning, which I'll do a post about soon.

Not too bad since he did 95% of the work himself (I just put it on the spoon and gave it to him).

8) He hates using a bottle, especially if we are at home.  The only time he takes one without complaint is in the car, if we have been out and he didn't eat.  The best option I've found is a silicon squeeze bottle (This one), it will do liquids or food, and he seems to like it.

I think he likes that he can drink from it without tipping his head back...and he can chew on it 😆

9) He loves singing.  He likes it when I sing to him, but he also really enjoys watching Mother Goose Club on Youtube.  This is a great distraction when I need to fold laundry or start dinner, or he is just having a hard day and we both need a break.  It also really helped when I was sick!

Books and a song about a train...what else do you need?

10) He loves to talk.  He will spend all day babbling.  The one that makes me laugh the most is his 'I'm learning something' cry - seriously he will whine/cry when he's learning something new.  He did this for hours when he was learning to crawl.

He just learned he could crawl between the wall and his high chair and he whined the whole time Lol

So there you go, ten things about Micah!  He is so much fun to hang out with every day, and I am so lucky that it is possible for me to do just that!  

Have a great day! 
Beth

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...