Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Big News!!


We're having a baby boy!!  His due date is April 8th (which is why I bought an Easter onesie lol).

Yay!!  I am so excited to share this with everyone!  We waited until we were past the first trimester before sharing the news with anyone, even our parents!!  It was hard, but it was the right thing to do for us.  After we told our family, we started sharing it with our friends and more family.  It hasn't been a secret, but I wasn't ready to share it with Facebook or on the blog.  I'm not sure if I can really explain why - I just wasn't ready.  So now I am 18 weeks and 4 days along, and man does it seem like time flies!  I am almost halfway there!!  It's scary and exciting and slightly surreal all at the same time!!  This is something we have been wanting, waiting for and planning for a long time...a really long time.  Everyone told me that waiting wasn't worth it because you can never be ready for a baby, and that is partly true - there will always be something else that needs to be done or paid for or earned.  However, the biggest benefit to waiting is being ready mentally and emotionally.  The second is that I get to stay home and that was a HUGE deal for both Eric and I, and probably the biggest reason we waited as long as we did.  We feel it was well worth the wait :) 

So, if you're curious about how the pregnancy is going here's the short answer...I nap/rest a lot and I hate food.  Lol!  The first 3 months I was extremely tired and needed a nap after doing anything, and I was nauseous (a word I never spell right and had to look up lol) 24 hours a day.  Then I started feeling better and got a sinus infection with headaches and a cold with a cough (at the same time!!) for the next 3ish weeks.  I finally feel more like myself, which is a relief.  I have so much to do and nothing was getting done!!  I finally got my house clean and started doing some projects for the nursery that I'll share in future posts.  The only thing I am still struggling with is food - I don't really like food, but hopefully that will change soon.  

You might be wondering why I haven't blogged for awhile.  Well, it's hard to write about anything when all you want to do is sleep, you can't share the few projects you do get done and food is a negative 20 on your 1-10 scale of fun stuff to do.  I don't think anyone wants to hear about my toast and cream cheese obsession...

I will try to get back on track for posting regularly, but I make no guarantees ;)

Have a great day!
Beth 
  
P.S. - I know everyone is going to want to know if we have picked out a name yet.  We are still looking and thinking about it, but we still have 150 days to go...deep breaths lol 

P.S. 2 - I am a little behind on pictures so I still don't have my 16 weeks picture done - when I finally get one taken I'll share it (Hopefully by then I'll actually look pregnant instead of just normal lol) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...