Friday, June 27, 2014

Sometimes I just have to buy it instead of make it...for now

A few weeks ago I was all fired up about making my own bug spray.  I had my list and went to the store - and after seeing how much it was going to cost - I put it all back lol!  Seriously - it was like $40+ for all the things I needed.  I was wandering the store aimlessly and then I found this - on the bottom of the shelf and it was dusty and very easy to miss!  It was still a little expensive at $9, but way better than the price to make it on my own.  I definitely still plan to try making my own, but I need to collect the ingredients over time to help negate the cost.  At least I know it will work - the recipe I was using had the same ingredients - but of course this had a lot of additional ones as well.  We tried it out for a 2 hour walk in the woods and it worked great!  Usually I would have ended up with at least 10 mosquito bites (seriously - they love me!), but I only got one - and even then it was a pretty small bite compared to what I have ended up with in the past.  It also smells better than the sprays I have used in the past.  Overall I definitely think it is worth using - but (here is the downside) it looks like it might be discontinued.  I tried to look for the ingredients since I forgot to take a picture or write them down and I couldn't find it on the Kiss My Face website.  I may just have to go back and buy all of the dusty bottles off the shelf!!  
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7%), Octisalate (4.50%), Oxybenzone (4.50%)


Ingredients: Isopropyl Palmitate, Cyclopenta siloxane, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Cymbopogon Nardus (Citronella) Oil, Pimenta Acris (Bay) Leaf Oil, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedar) Bark Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pogostemon Cablin (Patchouli) Oil, Juniperis Communis (Juniper) Fruit Oil, Vetiveria Zizanoides (Vetiver) Root Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Citrus Medica Limonium (Lemon), Peel Oil, Mentha Pulegium (Pennyroyal) Oil, Tanacetum Annum (Tansy) Oil, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal) Oil, Dimethicone.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...