Monday, September 15, 2014

Soup and Bread, Bread and Soup



Last night for dinner I made a cheeseburger soup. I have made it before but I found a new recipe. I like this recipe a lot better. My husband likes to have something with soups and stews like crackers or bread. I picked up some delicious baguettes and sliced one into 4 pieces and put them in the freezer for times like this. I think I started to get more excited about the bread than the delicious soup.

Recipe:

1 lbs ground beef
1/2 sweet onion chopped
3 cups of warmed beef stock
4 tablespoon butter, divided
4 cups peeled and diced golden potatoes, about 6-8
3 tablespoon of flour
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef in 3 quart sauce pan, drain, take out and set aside. In same pan melt 1 tablespoon of butter add onion. Cook until translucent, add warmed stock, cooked beef, and potatoes. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan over low heat, add flour and stir, cook for 3-6 minutes. Add to the soup, while stirring bring to a simmer and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat season with salt and pepper and in small handfuls add cheese. Serve warm!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...